[Spits] Rear Toe - Spitfire

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>, "triumphs@autox.team.net"
Subject: [Spits] Rear Toe - Spitfire
From: Bob Berger <bberger720@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 06:31:35 -0500
Ok,

One more stupid question.    The alignment shop has a range or .14deg to
.28deg for the front toe-in and a range of -.07deg to -.21deg for toe-out
for the rear.  Haynes has these as 1/16 to 1/8 inch toe-in at the front and
1/32 to 3/32 toe-out at the rear.
Do the degree numbers relate to/match the inches?
How do I convert Degrees of toe-in/out to Inches?
The shop can change their machine to read tenths of inches.  I could tell
them I want the front to be .0625" to .125" and the rear to be -.03125" to
-.09375" toe-out.

All help appreciated.

Thanks

Bob Berger
78 Spitfire - trying not to destroy new tires