Re: [Spits] [Spit] Rear Toe - Spitfire

To: Bob Berger <bberger720@sbcglobal.net>, "triumphs@autox.team.net"
Subject: Re: [Spits] [Spit] Rear Toe - Spitfire
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 21:10:19 -0700 (PDT)
Removing a shim makes the radius rod shorter, which
moves the wheel forward, which will make it toe in.

I cannot see how an alignment shop could measure the
error but not know how to fix it!  The swing-axle
setup is pretty straightforward.

Besides, couldn't they try (for example) adding a shim
and seeing if the alignment gets better or worse?
Assuming nothing is frozen, rusted out, etc., adding
or removing shims takes just a few minutes.  They
should have dealt with it while the car was on the
machine.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit