Re: [Spits] Outer doorglass weatherstrips - anyone have an

To: "'Nolan'" <foxtrapper@aceweb.com>, "'Spitfire'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spits] Outer doorglass weatherstrips - anyone have an
From: "Rarebits" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 11:29:42 +0100
Hi Nolan,

> No way are they made on the original tooling, nor are they a very
> convincing
> copy of the original.  I am talking about the seals sold by TRF, I do not
> know about others.

I don't know who supplies the seals to TRF, being in the UK I rarely get to
see TRF product.

> The reproduction seals are square edged, like wiper blades.  The originals
> were rounded.  This makes a tremendous difference to your arm as you drive
> with the windows down and your arm resting on the door top.

This isn't familiar. Do the TRF seals have the shaped ends to match the
skin? What about the two moulded humps on the inside face?

> The reproduction units have no flocking on the inner side.  The original
> seals did.  Without this flocking, the reproduction units tend to pull
> down
> with the glass when the window is lowered.

Again, this points to a completely different product.

> I have not found the reproduction units to be shorter than original.
> Quite
> the opposite in fact, I had to trim them to fit.

That would confirm that the product TRF stocks does NOT come from the UK
source I am querying.
Cheers,
Bill.

Rarebits4classics