[Spits] Outer doorglass weatherstrips - anyone have an originalpart

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spits] Outer doorglass weatherstrips - anyone have an originalpart
From: LT <llst@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 21:36:47 -0700
A customer recently suggested that the currently available doorglass outer
> weatherstrips, part number 612792, are shorter than the originals. These
> parts are either made on original tooling, or they are very convincing
> copies of the original in all details. The overall length of the current
> parts is 75cm.

I bought some from Spitbits a couple of years ago and they were too short as
well. I did not put them on and just went out and measured them and they are
74.5 cm. I found an old one as well as another new one that came in a box of
stuff and they measure in at 75.5. The metal part is the same length at 74.5
however the exposed rubber part extends out on both ends to make up the
difference. Seems like the repros that I received have the rubber cut too short
on the ends.

Larry T