Re: [Spits] Outer doorglass weatherstrips - anyone have an

To: "'Spitfire'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spits] Outer doorglass weatherstrips - anyone have an
From: "Nolan" <foxtrapper@aceweb.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 05:42:25 -0400
No way are they made on the original tooling, nor are they a very convincing
copy of the original.  I am talking about the seals sold by TRF, I do not
know about others.

The reproduction seals are square edged, like wiper blades.  The originals
were rounded.  This makes a tremendous difference to your arm as you drive
with the windows down and your arm resting on the door top.

The reproduction units have no flocking on the inner side.  The original
seals did.  Without this flocking, the reproduction units tend to pull down
with the glass when the window is lowered.

I have not found the reproduction units to be shorter than original.  Quite
the opposite in fact, I had to trim them to fit.

The reproduction units started to crack and stiffen within one year of
installation.