Re: GT6 caliper/rotor on Spitfire

To: oldtoys@charter.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GT6 caliper/rotor on Spitfire
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 08:03:11 EST
In a message dated 11/20/2005 11:50:18 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
oldtoys@charter.net writes:

I am  wondering if anyone has used the GT6 caliper/rotor on an early  model
Spitfire.  I have a 63 Spitfire/4 (Mk I) with the wider Mk III  wheels.  I
once read that the GT6 rotors and calipers were larger in  diameter and
should have better stopping power.  But I have concerns  about clearance with
the older style stock wheels.  Does anybody have  any experience with this?

==AM==
Creig, some of the older "wide slot" 3.5" wheels will NOT fit the front of  a
GT6. But all of the 4.5" wheels will fit.

And as Joe noted, easiest way to make the swap is to take EVERYTHING  between
the upper and lower A-arms of a GT6 and bolt it to your Spitfire.

--Andy Mace

===     http://www.vtr.org