Re: Fuel Pressure Problem?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel Pressure Problem?
From: Eduard Tieseler <etieseler@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 15:10:36 -0800 (PST)
This is not a new installation of the Cam or Carb.  It
has been built about 2 years ago and it has recently
become a problem.  I am able to rev the engine without
a load on it, but I did not hold it there for very
long.  I will try the WD40 in the carb trick and also
check how much fuel is spurting out of the fuel line.
The coil has only about 2 years worth of use on it,
but the doesn't mean that it couldn't have gone bad.
By what most are recomending its probably a blockage
in the fuel line.  I have one of those glass fuel
filters and when I was reving the engine with the hood
up, the fuel level was slowely but shurly going down.
I hope to have a chance to work on it this weekend, if
I do I'll post results.

Thanks
Eduard Tieseler
'66 Herald