Re: Fuel pressure problem?

To: Eduard Tieseler <etieseler@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel pressure problem?
From: Michael Porter <portermd@zianet.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 14:46:57 -0700
Eduard Tieseler wrote:

>Thanks for the response so far.
>
>I do not have a presure regulator installed.  I'll
>inspect the carbuerator for any "gummed up" jets.
>What about using a can of the fuel system cleaner next
>time I fill up?  Or will that eat through any of the
>rubber fuel lines?  I was thinking about it being an
>electrical problem, but wouldn't that give me troubles
>at all speeds?  If I cruise at about 45 MPH I do not
>have an issue, If I increase my speed to say 55 or
>60MPH it starts to act up in a few minutes.  what I
>ended up doing was speeding up, then pushing in the
>clutch for about 10 or 20 seconds then speeding up
>again.  So on and so forth for about 5 miles.  That
>wasn't fun!

My question is this:  what I don't recall mentioned was if this is a new
installation of cam, carburetor and/or engine?  If not, was the engine
running properly beforehand, and is this a new problem that developed
suddenly?

If a new installation, what is the carburetor model and jetting, if you
know?

Cheers.

--
Michael D. Porter
Roswell, NM

Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within walking distance....

===     http://www.vtr.org