RE: 1147 engine build

To: <JHMDDS@aol.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 1147 engine build
From: "Bill Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 23:47:58 -0000

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, the 1300 head won't fit the 1147 block,
wrong number of head studs for a start. The works racers used an 8 port head
specially made for the 1147 block, there were both alloy and iron versions
produced. As you'd expect, both of these are incredibly rare and valuable,
so to all intents and purposes you are stuck with modifying the standard 6
port head,
Cheers,
Bill.

Rarebits4classics