Re: 1147 engine build

To: JHMDDS@aol.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1147 engine build
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 18:10:52 EST
In a message dated 11/1/2005 5:58:54 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
JHMDDS@aol.com writes:

I am  begining a rebuile of my 1147cc  '66 spitfire  engine.....I have
access to a head for a  1300cc engine.

My question(s) are what  should I ask for at the machine  shop?  Should I use
the 1300cc  head?

==AM==
Uh, that won't work. The 1147cc motor has an 11-stud head, while the one  for
a 1296/1493 is a 10-stud.

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and Triumph Herald
Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)

===     http://www.vtr.org