1147 engine build

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: 1147 engine build
From: JHMDDS@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 17:54:43 EST
Hi,

I am begining a rebuile of my 1147cc  '66 spitfire  engine.  Its in pieces
now waiting to go to the machine shop.

The head has had some mild porting.  Other than that  there have been no
changes.  I have access to a head for a  1300cc engine.

My question(s) are what should I ask for at the machine  shop?  Should I use
the 1300cc head?  Are there any upgrades I should  look for that won't cause
me to need any hard to find or  expensive  parts (shave head and/or block to
raise compression(how  much))?  What parts are a must to replace and which are
ok to  reuse?

I'm afraid this will only be the start.  I hope one  of you master mechanics
will take pity on me.

Thanks,

James

===     http://www.vtr.org