Re: The latest brouhaha about VTR...

To: Michael Porter <portermd@zianet.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: The latest brouhaha about VTR...
From: "Blake J. Discher" <bdischer@blakedischer.com>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 22:14:09 -0400
At 03:14 AM 5/26/2005, Michael Porter wrote:
>Get real, guys. Dig your heads out of your asses and stop being quite so
>self-important. You are impeding the sport and the hobby, and you're
>doing so because you haven't yet figured out the joy in the hobby. You
>still think _having_ something is more important than enjoying it by
>driving it.

Hi Michael...

Would you be willing to get involved in VTR?  I don't mean just joining.  I
have been on the board of VTR for only about a week, so my head isn't so
far up my ass that I can't pull it out to extend a sincere invitation to
you to step up to the plate and get involved and work for some of the
change you say is needed.  Talk is easy, work is harder.  I approached the
board last summer at the VTR convention in Richmond about the sad state of
affairs with regard to the web site.

I remembered my dad's words:  If you're going to complain, you'd better be
prepared to be part of the solution.

The VTR board said many, many people complain, offer to do something to
help, and then don't follow through.  I took that as a challenge and got it
done.  I'd like to pass their challenge forward to you.  You sound very
angry; why not refocus some of your negative energy to help effect change
for what you perceive will be the betterment of VTR?  Get to this year's
convention in Rockford, attend the board meeting, say what you want to say,
get involved!  BTW, I drove my Stag from Detroit to VTR Richmond, until it
died about 100 miles out.  Despite that I did indeed enjoy it by driving
it!  I look forward to meeting you.

Best regards,
Blake Discher, VTR Board Member (VP, Member Services)