RE: strange OD problem

To: <doug@dougbraun.com>
Subject: RE: strange OD problem
From: "Peter Ryner" <pryner@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 16:24:04 -0500
Thanks Doug,
The problem is that is happens with the OD off.  I can't remember it
happening with it on, but then I don't use it a whole lot around town.  I
did check the engine ground and it is in good shape.  I had a loose battery
to body ground and fixed it yesterday but haven't had the car out since.
Unfortunately, it happens very infrequently, maybe 1 out of 10 drives.  I
checked the wires and they are correct.  The system works as advertised with
the switch working the solonoid if in 3 and 4, and it drops out with the
switch on if I shift to the left side (first and second gear).  The freaky
thing is that after I restart the engine with the wire off, I can reattach
and it will run fine - until the next time the engine dies.
Pete