RE: strange OD problem

To: "Peter Ryner" <pryner@verizon.net>
Subject: RE: strange OD problem
From: doug@dougbraun.com
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 14:41:52 -0500
If you had a high-resistance connection between the chassis and the engine
block, it might be able
to carry the ground current of the ignition circuit, but not the additional
current of the OD
circuit (which is grounded through the tranny/engine assembly).

If this is the cause of the problem, you would see the voltage between the
engine block and chassis rise well above
zero when the OD was switched on.  This would be true no matter where the
OD supply voltage was supplied from.

Doug