Re: Wood Dash Veneer

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wood Dash Veneer
From: "Joe Guinan" <spitfirejoe@email.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 20:15:53 +0800
I can't help you with the specific type of wood and grain and finish for the
original dash, though the phrase "French Oak" wants to spill out of my head.

How bad is the delamination problem?  When I refinsihed my dash, I had to
repair the far left corner as it had gotten wet a few times.  I simply cleaned
out all the loose dust with an air gun and then used carpenter's glue and some
big "C Clamps" pressing two flat boards together with the dash in between.

If you want to have someone else do it, take a look in your phone book and look
for "Cabinet Builders".  They will have the expertise and the tools to do the
job.

Joe Guinan
Fremont, NE
Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com