Re: Spitfire Dash lights

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire Dash lights
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 10:07:14 -0400
On 10 Apr 2004 at 19:48, Andrew Beck wrote:

> 1979 Triumph Spitfire
> I have this red wire hanging out from the left hand side of the dash

I haven't dug into my wiring for a loooong time but if memory serves
right, that is probably part of the wiring for the buzzer that was
attached behind the dash on the far left.  Said buzzer was there to
notify you if you (a) sat in a seat without using the seatbelt, (b)
left the key in the ignition, (c) left a door ajar, or (d) all of the
above.  (Well, in a modern car it could be any combination of those.
And I've never seen a door that was a jar even though my Caravan
makes that ridiculous statement every so often.)  I bet you can find
some unused wires running up under the various seats too.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@pop.rcn.com