Re: SU float bowl overflows

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SU float bowl overflows
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@COX.NET>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 18:35:08 -0400
I don't remember seeing the original emails.  But 2 thing's I haven't seen
in the followups (possibly because you already checked) are:

1. a stuck needle valve.  We have this problem in my Dad's TR1800.  It sits
   for a long time between runnings.  So quite often, the needle valve sticks
   in the open position and the fuel will over flow.  A gentle rap with the
   handle of a screwdriver will free the needle valve and the float will shut
   off the fuel flow like it's supposed to.

2. A bad float.  You float may have a hole in it and filled with fuel.  The
   result is it doesn't float and can't shut off the fuel flow via the needle
   valve.  Pull the top of the float chamber off and shake it gently.  Listen
   for sloshing sound or for fuel dripping out of the float.

3. Float level set incorrectly.  Check the float settings.

John

Phone:  (757) 495-8229

                       65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan