RE: Thin lug nuts - source

To: "M D \"Doc\" Nugent" <docnugent@yahoo.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Thin lug nuts - source
From: "Peter Ryner" <pryner@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 21:10:54 -0500
Sorry,
You're right I forgot about the different nuts.  My spare parts catalogue
lists the correct nuts as PN 110366.  I just checked TRF and they show them
available at 79 cents each.  They are double beveled and are much smaller
than the disk wheel nuts.  I thought I had some extras, but couldn't find
them.
Good luck!
Pe

Thanks, Peter, I figured I'd do that, too, (although
VB lists only one stud part number for all types of
wheels) but my issue is with the nuts.  I used PlayDoh
to determine where the interference was, and the nuts
are the immediate problem.

VB lists part number 12-8046 as the correct nut for
splined adapters, and part number 18-191 as the
correct nut for stamped steel wheels (they also list
12-3687 for bolt-on wire wheels, but that's not what I
have).  I have some TR2-3-4 adapter nuts and the
thickness is roughly half (too bad they're 7/16"
instead of 3/8").