air filter housings

To: Nass List <nass@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: air filter housings
From: "George P." <spitdriver78@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 09:24:19 -0800 (PST)
Here's a question that's been banging around in the back of my head for a while
now (and yes, before anyone else says it - there's plenty of room for it to be
banging around back there!!):

I have the dual SU HS-4's.  Is there a single air filter housing (a la the
early Spits) that fits HS-4s and has the hoses that run to the front of the
radiator for air intake?  Is there a performance advantage (probably, but not
noticeable, I'm guessing....) to having a) cooler air going in, and 2) the "ram
air" effect of having the hoses run to the front of the rad???

Any and all inputs appreciated.

Thanks!

George P.

George P.