Re: Nuts and Bolts

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Nuts and Bolts
From: Dave Fain <kc3565l@sprintmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 09:47:33 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
I am rebuilding a basket case GT6.  I have been cleaning up the old hardware
using a wire buffing wheel on my bench grinder with good results.  It seems
like I have cleaned up hundreds of bits and I am still not finished.  Only a
few of them have been so mangled that I thought they should be replaced once
they are cleaned. Some others have already mentioned this, but most of the
stuff that came on the car is of a better quality than what the average
hardware store has on hand.
Dave