Re: Cooling the Spit

To: "George P." <ygpz4re@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Cooling the Spit
From: Douglas Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 10:27:16 -0400
Maybe you should temporarily refit the stock fan (removing the electric ones),
and see if that makes any difference.  Then you would know if the problem was
due to insufficient fanning or something else.

If you really must have an electric fan, maybe a single big one on the front
of the radiator would work better.  Probably somebody on the list who has
actually done
this can say how well it worked.

I once removed my stock fan and drove a couple of miles to see if I could
detect a reduction
in noise or an increase in power.  (Don't get stuck in traffic while doing
this!)  I could
not detect any significant improvement, so I put my electric fan plans on the
back burner.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit