gasket sealant to intake manifold?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net (Spitfires)
Subject: gasket sealant to intake manifold?
From: s1500@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 17:08:14 +0000
I just got some needed parts from SpitBits yesterday, ready to tackle the
vacuum leak.

Last week I was filing down precisely where the intake manifold was hitting
the header. It needed some more, so I kept doing it with trial and error by
slipping a piece of paper between the two, hoping not to file it down too much
to create a hole. Also filed down the flange differences, which resulted in a
much straighter fit on the clamps.

Aaaanyways, is there a gasket sealant I should use between the metal gasket(on
the head) and the intake manifold for a sure-fire leak-free fit? If so, list
some brand names please. I'm hoping some sort of applying of sealant will
assure no more leaks in addition to the rest of the fixes I've done.