Photographic proof

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Photographic proof
From: Ken Strayhorn <ken@dukecomm.duke.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 08:52:50 -0500
http://campaign.duke.edu/~ken/hillsboro/triumph.html

I took a few photos of my '72 Spit just after I got the
engine back in to prove to a couple friends of mine
that it was actually running again. Thought I would
pass them along to the general readership on this
slow Tuesday, my first day back at work after the
suprisingly hard ice storm over the weekend.

One curious thing:  I swear the color code stamped
on my registration plate is "11", while I understand
the Triumph color code is "82" for carmine red. This
is the original color (I bought the car in '78 from
the original owner) so I guess the guy at the factory
had a few pints at lunch.

Ken Strayhorn
Hillsborough NC

PS - doesn't everyone wear a leather flight jacket
while driving a Spit in the winter?