Gearbox/Clutch Nightmare - Clutch does want to engage...

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gearbox/Clutch Nightmare - Clutch does want to engage...
From: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 13:50:29 -0000
I could tell this was coming...

Having sorted out my exhaust this morning, next came the starting up, of
course the battery was dead - but I jump started it so thats ok.

So, the engine runs, and.......

The clutch doesn't seem to work, push the pedal down, and the gearbox just
won't go in to gear. It goes in to gear when the engine isn't running...

Now, I have no idea what I did - the pin that the slave cylinder pushes is (at
least was) going in the right direction. There seems to be enough clutch
fluid. I didnt rebuild the slave cylinder - so it was just unhooked from the
old gearbox - and put right back in the new one.

Any suggestions what to try next? Don't presume I did anything right - or the
condition of the engine/clutch/gearbox is "known" to be working...

James