Re: Gearbox/Clutch Nightmare - Clutch does want to engage...

To: "Douglas Braun" <doug@dougbraun.com>
Subject: Re: Gearbox/Clutch Nightmare - Clutch does want to engage...
From: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 14:38:00 -0000
Doug,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Douglas Braun" <doug@dougbraun.com>

| Put it in fourth, push down the clutch, and see if you can turn the
| transmission output shaft.

The propshaft is connected... Im guessing thats going to be quite
difficult... I guess I can push the car... or someone else can.

| Look with a flashlight around the base of the slave cylinder,
| and see if you can see the pin moving forward when you press the clutch.
|
| Maybe the clutch hydraulic system needs more bleeding?
|
| I hope you didn't already install the tunnel cover!

Bleed it some more? I havent bled it... should I have? I didnt disconnect
any hydraulics...

One thing - when the slave cylinder was off - the clutch pedal didnt move -
almost like it was jammed - when I put it back in the clutch pedal started
moving again - is this normal?

Nope, its still off - I didnt want to put it back until I tried everything
out.

James