Re: Non-spitfire but car related question

To: JohnZissler@aol.com, goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk, spitfires@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Non-spitfire but car related question
From: PorscheRcr@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 17:03:40 EDT
Welded was perhaps a bad choice of words in the shops case.  I work on autos
for a living and I have seen cases where you would think they had been.  This
is much more prevalent on aluminum head cars (like the Ka) than it is on cast
iron.  The plugs and heads being dissimilar metals can have corrosion
problems.  When I replace plugs I always use anti-seize on them for that
reason.  So while without having been there I can't say for sure one way or
the other, I'd keep a somewhat more open mind about it.  #80 does seem a bit
much though, unless they had to repair the threads in the head.

Bill J
68 GT6 V8 KC8545L
70 GT6 MkII KC78449LO
67 International Travelall