Non-spitfire but car related question

To: spitfires@autox.team.net,
Subject: Non-spitfire but car related question
From: John Hobson <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 11:52:26 -0700 (PDT)
My friend had a service on her Ford Ka and the garage have charged an
extra #80 for removing the spark plugs because they were 'welded in
place'.  I'm guessing that they or she don't mean literally welded, but
they were stuck tight and had trouble getting them out.

I'm thinking that garage are trying to pull a fast one on her as I've
never before heard of a spark plug getting stuck, they're hardly done up
tight anyway!  The plugs were replaced during the last service in
November 2001 so it's extremely unlikely that they have rusted in place.
The car has been driven regularly over the year.

I just wanted to check with you lot to see if you have heard of a problem
like this before and reckon that the garage is trying to do her out of
#80.

I'm going to the garage with her tomorrow to pick the car up and was
going to query the bill with them, just want to make sure that I'm likely
in the right before I go there.

cheers
John