Re: Clutch master spring

To: "Spitfire list" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Clutch master spring
From: "Tod Jones" <todjones@rica.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 09:09:52 -0400
    If you are using regular dot 3 or 4 fluid that could be your problem.
Regular american brake fluid has a tendancy to disolve the rubber seals in
brittish cars. Try flushing out your hydraulics with castrol fluid after
your rebuild. castrol fluid will not disolve your seals. I work in a small
shop and whenever we see black gritty fluid in someones hydraulics we ask
them what kind of fluid they use. Invariably they answer regular dot3 fluid,
not castrol.

Tod Jones
Harrisonburg VA.
67 Spitfire Mk II