Re: RIP Spitfire..... diagnosis?.... x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: James Carruthers <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: RIP Spitfire..... diagnosis?.... x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: Henry Stike <stiker2126@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 09:41:56 -0700 (PDT)
James, I wouldnt worry about tranny right now. We have
been going thru a similar situation. Henry spent all
summer rebuilding his spit after  the spin into a
guardrail last year. From the frame up everthing and
76 tub on the 79 frame, cutting it so he could put on
76 crome bumpers. Well he got it painted pimento red a
wekk before college started up again, then took it to
school. A week later it spun a rod bearing on the #3
cylinder, so we removed the crank with engine in car
and to it to a local machine shop where the reground
it to 20 under on rods and 10 under on mains. Waiting
for new bearings and bolts to come in now. This is not
really that big of job. Just keep parts in order and
watch how things come apart. It can be done.
   You might consider getting another engine or short
block assembly as it might be better. Of course you
might get a used one that is not much better than your
old motor.
   Don't give up hope! You can fix it!!!

            Don & Henry Stikeleather

http://sbc.yahoo.com