Oil Riddle (a challenge)

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil Riddle (a challenge)
From: James Carruthers <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 13:37:59 +0100
Here is a conundrum for you all,

Having stupidly let my oil go dangerously low, I even more stupidly filled
up the oil without checking the level.

So I set off on my trip around the M25 (sad news is, this is the last day...
hey, Im not crying)

Hmmmm, thats strange I thought, thats far too hot... approaching the 3/4
mark - usually its between the 1/2 and 1/4. So I take the next junction and
end up in some residential street. Wait for it to cool off and check the
water, nothing wrong there, the fan belt is a little loose - so I tighten
that up. Hmmm... oil... oops... too much.

So, I need to get rid of some oil, but, how to do it?

*All* you have in your 1500's boot there is; 2 sets of spanners,
screwdrivers, a crappy gunson carb balancer, an exhaust mounting kit in a
jiffy bag, string, duck tape, jack, more oil, WD40, carb cleaner, ignition
leads, one empty bottle and one with water in.

Now, there is no way of properly draining the oil thru the usual means, you
have nothing to catch it with. You could let it all run out all over the
gutter, but thats not really ethical... but thats up to you...

So, listers, how do you deal with this? I know how I did it.

Answers to me, if I get enough I'll publish the results.

James

1977 Pimento Red Spit