Re: Oil Riddle (a challenge)

To: Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oil Riddle (a challenge)
From: Dean Rayner <dean_rayner@mac.com>
Date: 30 Aug 2002 15:21:59 +0100
>So, I need to get rid of some oil, but, how to do it?
>
>*All* you have in your 1500's boot there is; 2 sets of spanners,
>screwdrivers, a crappy gunson carb balancer, an exhaust mounting kit in a
>jiffy bag, string, duck tape, jack, more oil, WD40, carb cleaner, ignition
>leads, one empty bottle and one with water in.
>
>Now, there is no way of properly draining the oil thru the usual means, you
>have nothing to catch it with. You could let it all run out all over the
>gutter, but thats not really ethical... but thats up to you...
>
>So, listers, how do you deal with this? I know how I did it.
>
>Answers to me, if I get enough I'll publish the results.

Detach the piece of plastic tubing from the carb balancer .  Insert into the
dipstick hole. Suck the excess oil out with your mouth and spit it into the
empty bottle?

Yeach!!

Alternativly,  use the screwdriver to batter a hole in the side of the empty
bottle and use that to catch the oil as it exits the drain plug.  That is
always asuming that one of the spaners will fit the drain plug.

Dean Rayner