Silicone

To: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Silicone
From: "Pettis, Ward (NIDCD)" <pettisw@ms.nidcd.nih.gov>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 11:59:54 -0400
Hey guys, I'm bringing up the silicone topic again.  Just got off the phone
with Greg Sherick at British Parts Northwest after ordering brake parts.
I've decided to take advantage of my brake master cylinder leak (down my
pedal to soak carpet!) and damaged cylinder to switch over to silicone.
Greg does not recommend using silicone especially when using aluminum
components like the rear cylinders!  I started using silicone when I rebuilt
the clutch system last winter after seeing the glowing reports on this Spit
list.  I'm planning to use all new rubber seals with the exception of the
components inside the pressure valve assembly.   I haven't seen any kit for
the pressure valve assembly anywhere yet.

Comments?
Ward
'76 Spit