Re: Insurance

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Insurance
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 05:56:13 +0100
In article <sb30a06b.021@GWIA>, Nolan Penney <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
writes

>Classic insurance is another matter entirely.  They usually require you to be
>of
>a given age, already have another vehicle as a primary driver, keep the
>classic
>car in a locked garage, limit you on mileage, limit you on where you can
>drive,
>etc etc etc.  This stuff is not necessarily nice at all.

This may be the case in the US, but my classic car insurance (Highway at
Lloyds via Lancaster Insurance) allows me to use Carly as my main car,
park her on the road, and drive her up to 15,000 miles per year,
anywhere I like.   I don't think it is the cheapest insurance I could
get, but it is only about GBP100 per year, and includes full RAC cover.
The question of age didn't arise - I'm 34.

Strangely, when I tried to add the Saab 9000S as a second car, third
party only, with mileage limited to 1,500 per annum, the same company
wanted to charge me over GBP400 for the privilege.   Obviously Saab
drivers are pretty dangerous people...

ATB
--
Mike
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea"