Another old roadster in the greater Wash. DC area?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Another old roadster in the greater Wash. DC area?
From: "George Parker" <ygpz4re@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 12:48:45 -0400
Someone (sorry I've forgotten who already) just mentioned an old Triumph
roadster they saw along Rt. 301 in MD.

5 or 6 years ago when I used to travel 301 from Rt. 50 all the way down to
Richmond, VA, there was an old motel in/near Bowie/Upper Marlboro on the
west side of the road.  Looked like a family-owned motel, right near the
weigh station that's in that area, but on the other side of the road.  There
was an old car tucked under the trees near the road covered with a blue
tarp, but it's nose stuck out and the fenders, headlights, and grille made
me think (and I'm no expert on these old Triumphs) that it was an old
Triumph roadster.  Late 40's sounds about right.  This one was light yellow.

So if any of the DC area listers are into potentially wild goose chases, it
may still be there.  But like I said, that was 5 or 6 years ago.

Happy hunting.

George P.