Re: Type 12 Calipers

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Type 12 Calipers
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 09:21:56 +0100
Hi Scott
First where do we find this picture! 8-)
I would think the O rings should be OK,  these fluids are designed not to
rot rubber and the types found today seem to be quite resilient. I think the
silicone fluid is less corrosive (wrong word but someone else must have the
one I want) as it does not seem to go black in use!
When you say the pistons were a little tight going through the O ring, was
it tight all the way or did it suddenly get easier, if it did you may have
cut the ring, ask me how I know!

Graham,
1967 1300 FWD
1968 2000 Saloon