Re: Type 12 Calipers

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Type 12 Calipers
From: "Luke Lewis" <lukage@home.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 23:36:12 -0400
I performed the same job a couple of years back, in a fully- equipped shop,
with the assistance of six technicians available for the asking ... one
piston was such a bugger to get out that we ended up putting full shop air
pressure to it and firing it up into the ceiling!  ISTR that my kit didn't
include the caliper-halfs seals (And that every book I could find said
"DON'T SPLIT THE CALIPERS" ... so I did, and they're still fine!

Luke
'71 Spit "Fireball"
'73 MGB "Furniture"