Re: replacing tach

To: <BrYarboro@aol.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: replacing tach
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2001 18:52:59 -0700
Brian,

Don't bend the tabs up.  You'll ruin a perfectly good bezel.  If you're
having trouble rotating the bezel so the tabs line up with the slots, squirt
a little penetrating oil in there like Silicroil or whatever that stuff is
called and be prepared to be patient.  If you have one of those flat rubber
discs for unscrewing jar lids, it'll help you get a little extra grip.  If
the rubber seal under the bezel is fried (frequently the case), it's slow
going.

Good luck.

Take care,

Jeff McNeal (San Diego)

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
'68 LHD Spitfire Mk3 project
home of the FREE Totally Triumph Auction
The Totally Triumph Garage forums  -- organized, illustrated, friendly!
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi
and the Totally Triumph Classifieds -- photo ads with advanced features
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/classifieds.cgi