replacing tach

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: replacing tach
From: BrYarboro@aol.com
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2001 20:20:59 EDT
Hello fellow spitsers;
I've a problem with my tach. As measured against my dwell tach, it is reading
way high. I switched cables, but nope, no joy. I tried the tach I removed
from the '70 Mk 3 organ donor, and It read a wee bit high. I'd swap 'em, but
the '70 had a black bezel, whereas the '67 has a chrome bezel. The question
is, how do I remove the bezel? It appears there are six bent tabs that hold
it in. There are also slots to the left of the tabs. Does one rotate the
bezel to the slots, or, since I'm not using the black bezel, should I just
pry the tabs up? If not, how can free up the bezel to rotate it?
TIA;
Brian Yarborough
'67 Mk. 3
'70 Mk 3 organ donor