Re: Help identifying my engine

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Help identifying my engine
From: Bill Gunshannon <bill@cs.scranton.edu>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2001 19:15:31 -0400 (EDT)
Well, it seems the identificaation of my engine is cleared up.  I'm
glad to know it is most likely the origina engine.

On another pleasnt note, while replcaing the leaking manifold gasket
I discovered that the fitting in the manifold coming from the air pump
had been butchered and stripped by the DPO.  I was able to get the
brass bushing from TRF (great service, had it in 48 hours!! Hope this
is a sign of things to come.) abd after making some other plumbing to
replace the old garbage I have it running again.  I can only say I am
pleasantly surpirsed.  It must have been leaking real bad all the time
I have had the car as the silence now is deafening!!  I had gotten used
to not being able to have a normal conversation and just assumed it was
supposed to be so loud.  This going to make traveling a lot more fun.
Now, all I need are four new tires (something good this time) and an
inspection.  :-)

bill

bill@cs.scranton.edu     |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |