Re: Rubber vs. Poly

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rubber vs. Poly
From: BrYarboro@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 17:46:46 EDT
Hi Y'all
Thanks Terry and Joe. I'm  not sure about rubber vs. poly bushing. It seems
to the poly is way stiffer, with rougher ride, but with improved handling,
shile rubbver is softer, but still with a pretty good ride. Maybe I'll fit
rubber for now, and fit poly when I do the entire car (now I'm redoing front
and rear suspensions and replacing the ssteering rack). If there's any
further input from the list about rubber & poly, let me know.
Several other questions:
--I need to rebuild the frnt brake calipers and I might as well replace the
rotors. Are slotted and drilled rotors worth the extra bucks for "spirited"
street driving?
--Same thing for regular vs. braided brake hoses, worth the extra $?
--When I repalce the rack any tips re: aligning the wheels after attaching
the tie rod ends?
thanks,
Brian

///