Re: Rubber vs. Poly

Subject: Re: Rubber vs. Poly
From: John Hobson <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 11:32:02 +0100 (BST)
I had a dream a couple of nights ago that I had gone to the Spitfire
Graveyard and that everything had been tidied up immaculately and there
was no damp!

It certainly is a strange place with a suitably eccentic owner.  When
Mike visited it was a lot damper that is usual due to the large amount of
rain we had the previous week.  There has been a white Stag in there for
the last 4-5 months that looked in quite a tidy condition when it first
came in, sadly the same is not true now with a lot of rust creeping up
the bodywork.  Fortunately if they get any nice cars in they usually go
fairly sharpish, and the cars that they break are usually too far gone
anyway for much of the bodywork to be of much use.  They have a large
stock of parts, of which the majority are probably unuseable, but you can
find the odd gem and as Mike says, all the best parts get wrapped in
plastic and stored in the office, my sunvisors were and they're in good
condition.

If anyone is up this way and wants to visit the Graveyard I would be only
too happy to show you were it is, as it can be a bit of nightmare to find
if you haven't been before.

cheers
John
http://www.spit1500.co.uk/