Re: Engine Valances

To: "Dashwood, Dean" <dean.dashwood@enron.com>,
Subject: Re: Engine Valances
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 06:57:42 -0700
Dean,

You only need the radiator valances for engine cooling.  The engine valances
were originally fitted as "splash guards" to prevent water from fouling the
distributor or splashing onto the manifolds/carbs.

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
'68 LHD Spitfire Mk3 frame-off resto project
home of the NEW Totally Triumph Auction
and..The Totally Triumph Garage forums  -- moderated, focused, friendly!
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi
...plus a few other surprises!