Re: Weber DVG venting the crankcase

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Weber DVG venting the crankcase
From: Vic Whitmore <vicwhit@home.com>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 10:32:35 -0400
Ho Joe.

Good question and a valid concern. At this point, I can say that in my
"spirited" drive, I was often "pedal to the metal" but not necessarily going
uphill at the same time. There was a small grade at one point though, and I was
accelerating from a stop light. No traces of dip stick oil blow out though. I
suspect that even though the vacuum drops appreciably, there is still enough to
do the job.

On the weekend, I'll be going to the Spring Fling (MGs and Triumph mutual get
together) in Niagara Falls. I know the Saturday drive is extensive and will have
lots of hills. It will be a good and thorough test of the PCV system.. I'll let
the list know the results on Sunday evening or Monday morning.

Vic

Joe Curry wrote:

> Quick question here!
>
> If one is relying on manifold vacuum to relieve the crankcase pressure, what
>is going to overcome the fact that under high load conditions (like going
> up a hill with the accelerator all the way to the floor) the vacuum drops to
>very nearly zero?  Anyone who has operated a vehicle with vacuum driven
> wipers will immediately know what I am talking about.  It would appear that
>the time when the system is most needed, it drops off.
>
> Joe

///