Re: Re: Spitfires in songs

To: Richard B Gosling <Gosling_Richard_B@perkins.com>,
Subject: Re: Re: Spitfires in songs
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 11:04:42 -0600
There's also a Joseph Lucas song-to the tune of "Battle Hymn of the Republic."

My workout buddy told me yesterday that while listening to the local classical
music station (KUSC-Yeah!) they played a piece by Walton writtten for a British
movie during WWII about the Supermarine Spitfire-called (something like)
"Spitfire MArch and Fugue". And this on one of the few mornings I didn't have
my radio on! Darn!

He said there was also another piece written for the Spitfire (aeroplane) for
another WWII movie about Spitfires...

Lt. L. "G-Force" Gharazeddine

(AKA Laura G>)
> A couple of years ago on this list (and during a different season) someone
>  mentioned the Triumph content in "Hark the "Herald" angels sing", also
>  including the line "Join the Triumph in the skies", clearly an oblique
>  reference to the Spitfire.  There were also variations, including:
> "Hark the Herald axles swing" and
> "Hark the Herald engines ping, on unleaded gasoline"
>
> Richard & Daffy

///