Re: Where in the UK to buy Spit body parts?

To: nmoseley <nmoseley@direct.ca>, spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Where in the UK to buy Spit body parts?
From: Richard B Gosling <Gosling_Richard_B@perkins.com>
Date: 28 Sep 2000 05:35:00 -0500
Nick,

If you are definitely after OE parts rather than pattern stuff, it really
 shouldn't matter where you get it from - it will all be from the same factory!
So, the main decision factors would then be price and ease of
 collection/delivery.  Delivery prices in the UK are often the same however far
 the package has to travel, so unless your father is going to pick the parts up
 in person, it makes no odds how far away he is from the supplier.

Options are -
Rimmers - 01522 568000; www.rimmerbros.co.uk; sales@rimmerbros.co.uk; usually
 more expensive, but more in stock, website has on-line catalogue, based in
 Lincoln

Moss - 0181 948 6666; www.mossint.co.uk; parts@moss-london.co.uk; usually a bit
 cheaper than Rimmers but not much, large stock, website does not have
 catalogue (last time I looked) so you'd have to call/e-mail for latest prices,
 based in London, Birmingham, Manchester, Bristol, Bradford, Darlington,
 Birkenhead, Sedgefield (contact details are for London, other branches have
 their own contact details)

TRGB - 01487 842168; www.trgb.co.uk; trgbltd@aol.com; smaller outfit but will
 still have most parts you need in stock, my favorite because they are close to
 me, often the cheapest, website has downloadable software with price list,
 based near Cambridge

Also, John Kipping (Coventry), Manvers Triumph (Bury St. Edmunds, in Suffolk),
 T.D. Fitchett (Telford, in Shropshire) are well known, but I have never used
 them.  I can get contact details for these if you are interested.

I have used pattern sills made by Steelcraft (available from many of the above
 suppliers), and not had a problem with fit or quality; they tend to be 1/3
 cheaper or so, which is important to me!  I also replaced the front wings on
 my MGBGT (which I had before Daffy) with OE panels, again no problem with fit
 or quality - at least once I had swapped the B Roadster wings they sent first
 time by mistake!

Good luck, let me know if you need any more info...

Richard & Daffy