USGP Report (no LBC)

To: "spitfires (E-mail)" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: USGP Report (no LBC)
From: "Mitchell, Doug (D.B.)" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 13:33:59 -0400
Hi all. I am back from my foray to Indy. Had a great weekend,
although I needed yesterday off to recover from my sleep
deprivation. (I think that my truck was on autopilot part
of the way back).

All in all, the race was great, and for those of you who had
the opportunity to watch the race, I hope that the track
looked as great on TV as it was in person. I haven't had the
chance yet to watch the race, so I don't know what it looked
like from the camera angles. To see all the fans in the stands,
and to hear the cars, was a real thrill. My biggest
disappointment was that I stupidly overwrote the photos that
I took on Thursday by copying some shots that a co-worker took
on Friday and Saturday. Hopefully I can work some magic and
recover the shots.

I was the yellow flagger for the F1 race, and am barely visible
in the shot where one of the Minardis (I think) skittered over
the gravel trap across from the Mobil 1 sign painted on the
grass. Look close, and you see someone waving the green flag,
and I am trying to wave the car back onto the track. (This was
during the first practice session on Friday). If you are
interested, our team of corner workers was a truly international
bunch, with Americans, Canadians, British, Australians, French
and Belgians. I know that there were Brazilians, Germans and
Dutch there as well.

Visiting the big house of IMS is amazing. If you ever get the
chance to even visit the Speedway, by all means go. Unfortunately,
I don't have the time to go back to Indy this weekend for
British car days.

--
Doug Mitchell
mailto:dbmitch@peoplepc.com