Re: purpose of crank and cam sensors?

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: purpose of crank and cam sensors?
From: "Luke Lewis" <lukage@home.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 15:30:22 -0400
The cam sensor is a synch signal for the ignition module - there are 6
triggers on the crank sensor and 1 on the cam sensor, for a reference so the
ign. module knows where TDC is and fires the right cylinders.  It's only
referred to when cranking.  I don't know how it ran without it. :-)

Did you get the dealer updated cam button/bearing and tensioner?  Those
shavings could also be from the original cam button spring machining a new
hole in the timing cover (A very common occurrence)

Luke
'71 Spit