Re: Soggy Trousers

To: patbarber <patbarber@home.com>
Subject: Re: Soggy Trousers
From: Richard B Gosling <Gosling_Richard_B@perkins.com>
Date: 22 Sep 2000 07:07:17 -0500
Pat,

Thanks for that - I'm now all ready to go ahead, as soon as I have a free
 weekend to do it.  I guess that means I'll still have soggy trousers for a
 month or so - other even more pressing matters await me!

Richard

Richard,

I haven't followed this thread but based on your question, "How do you
remove the windshield without breaking it?" is straightforward.

I am going to assume that you are going to replace the rubber seal around
the windshield. You will need to do this in order to use this method.  I
would not begin until you have the new windshield seal in hand. First,
remove the plastic or metal finisher strip from the windshield moulding.
Next you will need a sharp razor blade knife.  Use th knife to cut away the
rubber flap holding the windshield in place. The way to do this is to place
the blade in the finisher strip channel which is now empty and plunge the
razor into the seal until you reach the edge of the glass.  Pull back on the
seal as you go.  Once you remove this outer flap, the windshield will come
out with very little effort.  This will leave the remaining seal in the
windshield frame.  It is now a simple task to remove the remaining seal from
the windshield frame.

Pat Barber