Re: Trunk restoration

To: rtgetzinger@scif.com
Subject: Re: Trunk restoration
From: Vic Whitmore <vicwhit@home.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2000 16:19:27 -0400
I put custom panels, covered in carpet, in my Spit trunk (boot). I started with
a piece of cardboard and roughed out the shape, conforming to the wheel arch
etc. After a few templates, I was comfortable with the shape and the transferred
this to 1/8 masonite. After final fitting to be sure the shape was OK, I glued
carpet to the masonite. Just make a mirror image and trim to shape for the other
side. And then do the same for the gas tank panel. I also have a free fitting
(no masonite) piece of carpet for the floor, cut to fit. I sure cleans up the
trunk and and quietens road noise to some extent.

Vic Whitmore
76 Spitfire
Thornhill, Ontario