Re: Noisier after bump

To: <jgruber@demainsoft.com>
Subject: Re: Noisier after bump
From: "Greg Hendrix" <gahendrix@att.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 16:10:32 -0400
Sorry my post is a little late - I've been out and am just not catching up
on my digests.

I was traveling merrily along in my '80 Spitfire shortly after I got it when
I hit a section of blacktop that was being re-surfaced. They had ground away
a few inches perpendicular, across the lane, and when I dropped off and then
back up, the jar was substantial. I noticed an exhaust type noise/vibration,
and thought the worst. Actually, the right motor mount had given way and was
sitting metal-to-metal (the rubber had broken and separated). Less than $20
and about an hour after beginning, two new motor mounts fixed the problem.

YMMV.

Regards,

Greg Hendrix
Downingtown, PA
'80 Spitfire
'74 Spitfire project or parts car for sale